Yin and Restorative Yoga are becoming more popular as people discover the need for slow, mindful yoga to complement their busy and active lifestyles. This course will enable you to teach these styles of yoga, guiding your clients towards reducing stress and promoting relaxation.
This four-day course provides an explanation and experience of Yin Yoga and prepares you to plan and deliver Yin Yoga classes. An introduction to Restorative Yoga is also included, with an exploration of how these two styles complement each other.
Yin Yoga is a slow, meditative style of yoga where postures are mainly floor-based. It has become a popular style of yoga in recent years, providing a balance to more active or “Yang” styles of yoga such as Vinyasa Flow. It also provides a much-needed balance for the active pace of modern life.
Restorative yoga is a distinct but complementary style of yoga, utilizing techniques that allow the body to rest and encourage deep relaxation.
About the Tutor
Kate has been teaching Yin and Restorative Yoga since 2015 and is also a teacher-trainer in these styles. She trained to teach Restorative Yoga with Roger Cole at YogaCampus and Yin Yoga at YogaHaven with Norman Blair.
Kate Brushwood is a Yoga instructor with over ten years of teaching experience, a registered Senior Teacher with Yoga Alliance, tutor with YMCAfit, and holds a Postgraduate Certificate in Education and a 500-hour Diploma in Teaching Yoga from the British Wheel of Yoga.
- Increased income and client base as a Yoga Instructor
- Increased confidence to create, plan and deliver structured classes and 1-2-1 sessions to a diverse clientele
- You will be taught by our highly qualified and experienced tutors who present practical content with passion. Tutors will adapt their delivery to suit your individual learning style.
- The anatomical principles underpinning Yin Yoga and Restorative Yoga
- A range of class sequences to offer to your clients
- How to plan and structure Yin and Restorative Yoga classes
- How to successfully use mindfulness and relaxation techniques in your classes
- How to integrate a variety of breathing techniques into Yin and Restorative Yoga classes
- How to use props and modify postures
- How to integrate the traditional Chinese medicine theory of the Meridians into your Yin Yoga classes
Written assignment & video assessment
This course is open to anyone over the age of 16. It is recommended that you have a minimum of three months teaching experience and a level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga qualification
Call us on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to book your course or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. This course will need to be paid in full.