STOTT PILATES® Workshop Prenatal Pilates on Reformer
Study innovative and beneficial ways to adapt STOTT PILATES® exercises using the Reformer in this workshop, developed by the Merrithew™ team, at YMCAfit.
Course Type: Workshop
About this workshop
Any trainer will realise the benefits of taking mums-to-be from traditional Matwork variations to select exercise modifications on the Reformer. Using current exercise guidelines provided by the ACOG (American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists) and bearing in mind common anatomical and physiological changes, appropriate STOTT PILATES® exercise adaptations will be explored using the Reformer in innovative and beneficial ways. Workout safety and effectiveness remain paramount, and the client’s risk factors, pre-pregnancy fitness level, health concerns and fitness goals will all be taken in to account when creating new and ongoing programmes.
This is a 2 hour workshop developed by the Merrithew® team.
What you will learn
- Apply the Five Basic Principles of STOTT PILATES to specific exercises on the Reformer.
- Understand movement essence and exercise goals for the prenatal client.
- Explore how exercise choices are made for the prenatal client and what modifications may need to be incorporated
- Utilise cues and corrections for safety and effectiveness.
- You must be over 16.
- Open to all Fitness Professionals and Pilates Instructors.
This workshop will use a Pilates mat and STOTT PILATES® Reformer.
How to book?
Simple, just speak to one of our course advisors.