STOTT PILATES® Workshop Prenatal Pilates on the Mat
Learn the most current medical information, exercise guidelines, and research available on pregnancy and movement in this workshop.
Course Type: Workshop
About this workshop
This interactive seminar will draw upon the most current medical information, exercise guidelines, and research available on pregnancy and movement. Appropriate STOTT PILATES® Matwork exercise adaptations will be explored, and programming concepts for teaching small groups and private clients will be discussed. Anatomical and physiological changes, risk factors and movement considerations will be discussed with an eye to providing a safe and effective workout throughout all trimesters and will provide strategies for building new pre-natal programmes as well as enhancing those already in progress.
This is a 2 hour workshop developed by the Merrithew® team.
What you will learn
- Understand the appropriateness of STOTT PILATES Matwork as well as possible contraindications during pregnancy.
- Apply the STOTT PILATES principles of stabilisation to prenatal exercises.
- Understand physiological changes throughout all three trimesters.
- Apply specific exercise modifications on the Mat.
- You must be over 16.
- Open to all Fitness Professionals and Pilates Instructors.
This workshop will use a Pilates mat.
How to book?
Simple, just speak to one of our course advisors.