L3 Diploma in Personal Training
Already a Gym Instructor and want to take the next step? Qualify as a world-class Personal Trainer with a YMCAfit course.
About this course
The Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training course will provide you with everything you need to be a world-class personal trainer. Build on the knowledge that you have learned in the Level 2 Gym Instructor course to train clients and create advanced fitness plans over a number of practical sessions.
Develop a deeper knowledge of anatomy and physiology, weight management, nutrition and advanced teaching and programming skills. After taking this course you will be ready to coach clients to reach their desired goals using sessions and programmes that you have designed.
Stand out and increase your earning potential with a free High Intensity Training (HIIT) CPD that will give you the knowledge to plan and teach small group training sessions. A focus on HIIT and functional training will give you the skills to expand your offer as a PT. You will receive a separate certificate for this module.
Flexible learning formats
- Applied Anatomy (Level 3).
- Nutrition to Support Physical Activity.
- Promoting Wellness Through Client Motivation.
- Bespoke Exercise Programme Design.
- Customed exercise Programme Instruction.
- Communication Techniques.
- Business Acumen for a Successful Personal Training Practice.
- Level 3 Personal Training.
Develop your gym knowledge to provide a positive customer experience
- Provide you with the ability to train a wide variety of individuals (including those with medical conditions which affect their lifestyle and wellbeing).
- Gain an understanding of the role digital technology can play in supporting your clients’ programmes.
- Use your nutritional knowledge to support your client’s physical activity and help them achieve their personal goals.
- Carry out detailed postural analysis with clients to help you to write corrective programmes to increase their function.
Develop your business skills and client base
- Learn how to promote, market and sell your PT service
- Understand how digital and social platforms can be used to grow your client base
Develop your communication skills
- Learn how to communicate with clients effectively to promote wellness and exercise
- Understand how rapport and soft skills can be used to motivate and change your clients’ behaviour
Be more versatile and employable
- Plan effective sessions for small groups and individuals in High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- Develop challenging and effective sessions for individuals and small groups, targeting posture, core stability and flexibility
- Learn to develop and market a successful PT business.
- Learn the skills to train clients individually or in small groups.
- Gain the knowledge to plan and teach small group HIIT sessions.
- Learn the skills needed to deliver one-to-one consultations and group inductions.
- You’ll be qualified to work in any gym across the UK.
- Broaden your client base and help boost your earnings.
- Learn the skills and knowledge to build a longstanding career.
- You’ll be taught by the best tutors in the industry, who will provide guidance and support throughout the course.
- Access online eLearning.
- Unparalleled support online, over the phone and in person.
Join us for a free Open Evening and find out more about:
Fees and Funding Options
Pay the full amount for your course upfront in one lump sum.
Spread the cost with a deposit and an interest-free monthly direct debit.
Get 10% off when you pay in full 2 months before the start date.
Get a loan
Fund your course with a government-backed Advanced Learner Loan.
How to book?
Simple, just speak to one of our course advisors.
Course Dates and Locations
We deliver our face-to-face courses from state-of-the-art venues across England. This course is currently running from:
To find the best date and location for you, speak to one of our experienced course advisors.
Speak to a Course Advisor
Our course advisors are on hand to answer any of your questions. Simply fill out this form and we will contact you in the next 48 hours.