STOTT PILATES® Intensive Mat-Plus™
Start your career as a certified STOTT PILATES Instructor and change lives through Pilates.
About this course
The STOTT PILATES® Intensive Mat-Plus™ course, developed by the Merrithew® team, is a modern take on the original exercise method pioneered by Joseph Pilates. This course is ideal for experienced studio and fitness instructors, personal trainers, sports therapists, physiotherapists, and those with a background in dance looking to improve their range of skills and enhance their employability. It will provide you with the skills to design and teach essential and intermediate-level matwork classes, integrating small equipment, which will allow you to add variety to your sessions.
Flexible learning formats
- Apply STOTT PILATES bio-mechanical principles of core stability, peripheral mobility, breathing and alignment to relevant exercises.
- Break down essential and intermediate-level exercises.
- Exercise essence, muscular initiation and movement sequencing.
- Apply variations to increase or decrease exercise intensity.
- Modify for specific body types, postural issues and conditions.
- Teach and communicate effectively using visual skills, verbal cueing and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
- Share your passion with others in a safe and effective classroom.
- Learn to teach both group classes and one to one sessions.
- Achieve a qualification that provides opportunities to work in gyms, leisure centres and Pilates studios.
- Work freelance delivering classes in various settings to build a regular committed, clientele, which will provide you with a regular income.
- Gain the potential to earn more and increase your employability.
- Broaden your client base and help boost your earnings.
- Learn the skills and knowledge to build a longstanding career.
- Taught by experienced and industry-qualified tutors who will provide guidance and support throughout the course.
- Access online eLearning.
- Unparalleled support online, over the phone and in person.
- Practical assessments
- Theory paper
- Teaching log
To be certified you will need to complete the following:
- 40 hours of instruction and supervised teaching
- Minimum of 10 hours of observation
- Minimum of 30 hours of physical review
- Minimum of 15 hours of practice teaching
- You must have a working knowledge of functional anatomy.
- You will need a minimum 30 hours’ experience of Pilates classes/workouts.
- You must have three+ years teaching movement or fitness. Applicants with a strong history of Pilates participation and/or experience instructing students/clients in another field may also be considered.
Join us for a free Open Evening and find out more about:
How to book?
Simple, just speak to one of our course advisors.
We deliver our face-to-face courses from state-of-the-art venues across England. This course is currently running from:
To find the best date and location for you, speak to one of our experienced course advisors.
Speak to a Course Advisor
Our course advisors are on hand to answer any of your questions. Simply fill out this form and we will contact you in the next 48 hours.