STOTT PILATES® Workshop Matwork Strength and Mobility
Using simple movements that challenge overall strength and stability through the core and periphery in this workshop developed by the Merrithew™ team.
Course Type: Workshop
About this workshop
Comprised of a series of simple movements that challenge overall strength and stability through the core and periphery, this workshop uses the body’s own resistance. Fundamental Pilates principles are added to less traditional moves to focus on strength, alignment and correct biomechanics. This workshop, developed by the Merrithew™ team, is ideal for Pilates instructors, personal trainers, group fitness instructors.
Appropriate for increasing strength and mobility, learn how these straightforward sequences can be used to achieve increased functionality and improved performance. Particular attention is paid to balance in the lower kinetic chain, specifically the knee, hip, ankle and foot.
This is a 2 hour workshop developed by the Merrithew® team.
What you will learn
- Apply the Five Basic Principles of STOTT PILATES® to modified Matwork exercises.
- Use Matwork to improve alignment and biomechanics can be improved.
- Employ simple movement patterns that focus on strength and endurance.
- Create programs that improve functionality simply.
- You must be over 16.
- Open to all Fitness Professionals and Pilates Instructors.
This workshop will use a Pilates mat.
How to book?
Simple, just speak to one of our course advisors.