The shoulder girdle is a complex structure that is subjected to stresses in everyday life and even more stress during extreme activities. In this lecture/demo-style workshop developed by the Merrithew™ team, discover how Pilates programming on the Reformer can be ideal in a post-rehabilitative setting. First, explore the anatomy and biomechanics involved in the normal, healthy functioning of the shoulder girdle, then, discuss common abnormal or dysfunctional movement patterns that can result from injury or strain. Finally, learn how specially selected exercises on the Reformer can address these issues by creating awareness, stability and strength. Exercises are layered to restore functional mobility, then progress to work-hardening activities and performance enhancement.
This is a two-hour workshop.
What you will learn
- Understand optimal function and movement patterns of shoulder girdle
- Understand common dysfunctions
- Review anatomy and muscular involvement
- Learn exercises and progressions on the Reformer to optimize shoulder girdle function
What you will need
- 1 Reformer (Pro, Rehab, V2 Max Plus™ etc.)
- 1 Padded Platform Extender
- 1 Reformer Box
- 1 Maple Pole
- 1 Gripper Mat
- Double Loop Straps (1 pair)
- 1 or more of Jumpboard, Cardio-Tramp™, Rotational Diskboard™
- Foam-Grip Handles (1 pair)
- Extension Straps (1 pair, if not included with Reformer)
What you qualify with
- 0.2 Continuing Education Credits
Who can attend this workshop
No specific requirements. This workshop is open to all fitness professionals and Pilates instructors.
Call us on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to book your workshop or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
™/ ® Trademark or registered trademark of Merrithew corporation, used under licence.