The intensive Chair prepares you to teach Level 1 (Essential and Intermediate) exercises on the Stability Chair™. By the end of this course you will be able to fine-tune personal and circuit training programs to meet a variety of clients’ conditioning goals.
The course price is inclusive of course materials which will you receive prior to the start of the course.
This course includes 15 hours of instruction and teaching over 3 days.
This will incorporate a number of exercises to suit your clients' goals and needs.
- Practice sessions at the beginning/end of the day are recommended and can be used in evidence for teaching log
- 10 hours physical review
- 10 hours practical teaching
- 5 hours observation
- Functional exercises to develop core strength against spring resistance in a variety of positions, including standing, sitting, prone and side-lying.
- How to apply the STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles to Essential and Intermediate-level Stability Chair exercises.
- Better understanding of movement essence and exercise goals, proper execution and muscle activation.
- How to improve core stability, increase peripheral strength and enhance mobility on one piece of equipment.
- How the split-pedal option transforms exercises by challenging bilateral, unilateral and reciprocal strength and stability.
- Cues and corrections for safety and effectiveness.
If you have only taken Comprehensive Matwork & Reformer, Intensive Mat-Plus or Intensive Reformer or Intensive Cadillac, Chair & Barrel courses and have not taken the Level 2 course(s) but wish to certify, you may take only a Level 1 exam.
- STOTT PILATES Certification
Note: students can teach before the exam. They would be known as a STOTT PILATES Trained Instructor. Once they have passed, students would be known as a STOTT PILATES Certified Instructor.
- STOTT PILATES Intensive Mat-Plus and Intensive Reformer.
Call us on 0844 417 2349 to book your course or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. This course will need to be paid in full.