Speak to our Course Advisors to find out more.
The Advanced Diploma in Personal Training will provide you with skills you need to make a difference in people’s lives.
Our personal trainer courses are all delivered with face-to-face training to give you the practical experience of communicating, assessing, and motivating your clients. We believe that training you in a gym and studio environment, with tutors and peers, will give you the right skills and experience to start your PT career.
The Advanced Diploma in Personal Training course will give you the foundation knowledge and practical experience that inspires confidence in your clients and employers. You will also gain knowledge and skills to be able to offer a wide range of sessions and classes.
You'll leave this course having received the guidance and support to train clients and create advanced fitness plans over a number of practical sessions.
This course has been developed to meet the latest industry standards. It's CIMSPA accredited and is internationally recognised.
- 24 days of face-to-face tuition, guidance, and support from our experienced and industry qualified tutors
- Get the complete package and learn the skills to train clients and small groups in Kettlebells, HIIT and Suspension Fitness
- Be able to start-up, develop and market your PT business with our business skills course units
- Take part in inspiring practical workshops and engaging theory sessions to learn the skills and knowledge needed to build a longstanding career
- Be confident in your role as a personal trainer with the skills and knowledge as a first aider
Offer and payment options
- 0% finance available - spread the cost with interest free monthly payments
- Get 10% off our full-time route when you pay in full at least 2 months before the start date
- Apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to fund your course and pay once you earn over £25K*
The course is delivered full-time with face-to-face tuition at our locations around the UK.
- 19 days this includes Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing module, Level 3 Personal Training (practitioner) module and HIIT
- 24 face to face content with three online units to study at home
- 2 days of practical assessments
- 3 days of CPD courses: Emergency First Aid at Work, Suspension Training and Kettlebells Pro
If you are looking for a PT course that is part-time we also deliver the Level 3 Gym Instructing and Personal Training (Practitioner) nationwide.
What you will learn
- Anatomy and Physiology (Level 2)
- Gym Based Planning, Preparation, and Delivery
- Providing a Positive Customer Experience
- Lifestyle Management and Health Awareness
- Applied Anatomy (Level 3)
- Nutrition to Support Physical Activity
- Promoting Wellness Through Client Motivation
- Bespoke Exercise Programme Design
- Customed exercise Programme Instruction
- Communication Techniques
- Business Acumen for a Successful Personal Training Practice
- Gym Instructing
- Level 3 Personal Training
- Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work
- Suspension Fitness
- Kettlebells Pro
Develop your skills to help clients achieve their goals
- Learn how to instruct effective exercise sessions in the gym in a safe environment
- Learn how to deliver basic health assessment techniques such as blood pressure and BMI tests
- Develop and plan gym programmes to a wide range of customers (including 13-18 year olds and older adults)
- Learn how to maintain health, safety and customer welfare
Develop your skills to help clients achieve their goals
- Learn how to customise and provide tailored gym and exercise programmes
- Deliver one-to-one consultations and small group inductions to support clients in achieving their goals
- Gain the skills needed to train a wide variety of individuals (including those with medical conditions which effect their lifestyle and wellbeing)
- Gain an understanding of the role digital technology can play in supporting your clients programmes
- Use your nutritional knowledge to support your client’s physical activity and help them achieve their personal goal
- Carry out detailed postural analysis with clients to help you to write corrective programmes to increase their function
Develop your business skills and client base
- Learning how to promote, market and sell your PT service
- Understand how digital and social platforms can be used to grow your client base
Develop your communication skills
- Learn how to a communicate with clients effectively to promote wellness and exercise
- Understand how rapport and soft skills can be used to motivate and change your clients behaviour
Be more versatile and employable
- Plan effective sessions for small groups and individuals in Suspension Fitness, Kettlebells and High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- Develop challenging and effective sessions for individuals and small groups, targeting posture, core stability and flexibility
- Add diversity to your offering as a personal trainer with a range of skills incorporating high intensity interval training sessions as well as the use of suspension and kettlebells equipment
- Use your skills to assess, diagnose and treat casualties before the arrival of medically trained staff
How you will be assessed
A combination of practical and written assessment methods including:
- Practical assessments on each module
- Multiple choice theory papers
- Case studies
What you qualify with
This combined course is accredited and endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) and will give you a total of:
- 32 CIMSPA points
The certificates you will receive are:
- YMCA Awards Level 3 Diploma in Gym Instructing and Personal Training (practitioner)
- YMCA Awards Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work
- YMCAfit Advanced Personal Training
- YMCAfit HIIT
- YMCAfit Suspension Fitness
- YMCAfit Kettlebells Pro
Who can do this course
- Anyone over 16
- Must have experience using cardiovascular equipment as well as fixed and free weights within a gym environment
Call us on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to book your course or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
You can either pay:
- in full
- or by setting up an interest free direct debit for 6, 9 or 12 monthly instalments.
If you are over 19, you can apply for an **Advanced Learner Loan that could cover the cost of elements of your course. Find out if you are eligible.
When you book your course with an Advanced Learner Loan, you'll need to pay an upfront payment of £350 which is non-refundable.
Early payment discount
***Save 10% on course fees when you book and pay the full price two or more months in advance of the course start date. This offer cannot be used with any other discount.
Come along to one of our free open evenings, which run throughout the year.
Tutors and members of the Course Sales team will be available to discuss:
- The content of the Diploma in Personal Training
- Different training routes available to you
- The training and support you'll receive whilst studying
- Career paths once you're qualified
- Continuing professional development
- You'll also get the opportunity to check out the course venue, course manuals and meet other potential students.
It's free to book, so just call our Course Sales Advisers on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to reserve your place today.