The Advanced Diploma in Personal Training will provide you with skills you need to make a difference in people’s lives.
Our personal trainer courses are all delivered with face-to-face training to give you the practical experience of communicating, assessing and motivating your clients. We believe that training you in a gym and studio environment, with tutors and peers, will give you the right skills and experience to start your PT career.
- 30 days of face-to-face tuition, guidance and support from our experienced and industry qualified tutors
- Get the complete package and learn the skills to train clients and small groups in Kettlebells, Padwork and Suspension Fitness
- Gain the confidence to respond to client injuries and casualty situations with the Emergency First Aid CPD
- Be able to start-up, develop and market your PT business with our business skills course units
- Take part in inspiring practical workshops and engaging theory sessions to learn the skills and knowledge needed to build a longstanding career
Whether you are embarking on a new career as a qualified personal trainer, or looking to expand your professional fitness and health offering you will find this course can stand alone or compliment your current skills.
Offer and payment options
- Flexible payment options with our 0% interest direct-debit
- Apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to fund your course and only pay once you earn over £25K*
- Get 10% off if you pay in full 2 months before the start of the course**
The course is delivered full-time with face-to-face tuition at our locations around the UK.
- 23 days (Level 2 Gym Instructing and Level 3 Personal Training)
- 3 days of practical assessments
- 4 days of CPD courses: Padwork for Small Groups, Emergency First Aid, Suspension Training and Kettlebells Pro
If you are looking for a PT course that is part-time we also deliver the Level 3 Gym Instructing and Personal Training (Practitioner) nationwide.
What you will learn
- Applied Anatomy and Physiology (Level 2 and 3)
- Nutrition (Level 2 and 3)
- Gym Instructing
- Level 3 Personal Training
- Padwork for Small Groups
- Emergency First Aid
- Suspension Fitness
- Kettlebells Pro
Develop your skills to help clients achieve their goals
- Learn how to customise and provide tailored gym and exercise programmes
- Deliver one-to-one consultations and small group inductions to support clients in achieving their goals
- Gain the skills needed to train a wide variety of individuals (including those with medical conditions which effect their lifestyle and wellbeing)
- Gain an understanding of the role digital technology can play in supporting your clients programmes
- Use your nutritional knowledge to support your client’s physical activity and help them achieve their personal goal
Develop your business skills and client base
- Learning how to promote, market and sell your PT service
- Understand how digital and social platforms can be used to grow your client base
Develop your communication skills
- Learn how to a communicate with clients effectively to promote wellness and exercise
- Understand how rapport and soft skills can be used to motivate and change your clients behaviour
Be more versatile and employable
- Plan effective sessions in Suspension Fitness, Kettlebells and Padwork training
- Develop combat style sessions in Padwork for individuals and small groups
- Train as a first-aider to manage casualties, minor burns and scalds (the Emergency in First Aid CPD is an essential qualification if you are going to work self-employed as it is required to gain liability insurance).
How you will be assessed
A combination of practical and written assessment methods including:
- Practical assessments on each module
- Multiple choice theory papers
- Case studies
What you qualify with
This combined course is accredited and endorsed by both the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS) and the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) will give you:
- 26 REPS points and entry to REPs at Level 3
- 41 CIMSPA points
The certificates you will receive are:
- YMCA Level 3 Gym Instructing and Personal Training Diploma
- YMCA Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
- YMCAfit Padwork for Small Groups
- YMCAfit Suspension Fitness
- YMCAfit Kettlebells Pro
Who can do this course
- Anyone over 16
- Must have experience using cardiovascular equipment as well as fixed and free weights within a gym environment
Call us on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to book your course or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
You can either pay:
- in full
- or by setting up an interest free direct debit for 6, 9 or 12 monthly instalments.
If you are over 19, you can apply for an **Advanced Learner Loan that could cover the cost of elements of your course. Find out if you are eligible.
When you book your course with an Advanced Learner Loan, you'll need to pay an upfront payment of £350 which is non-refundable.
Early payment discount
***Save 10% on course fees when you book and pay the full price two or more months in advance of the course start date. This offer cannot be used with any other discount.
Come along to one of our free open evenings, which run throughout the year.
Tutors and members of the Course Sales team will be available to discuss:
- The content of the YMCA Advanced Diploma in Personal Training
- Different training routes available to you
- The training and support you'll receive whilst studying
- Career paths once you're qualified
- Continuing professional development
You'll also get the opportunity to check out the course venue, course manuals and meet other students.
It's free to book, so just call our Course Sales Advisers on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to reserve your place today.