Diploma in Exercise Referral
Learn how to deliver adapted fitness programmes designed for different health conditions, becoming an expert in the exercise referral process in this course.
Course Type: CPD
About this Exercise Referral course
The Diploma in Exercise Referral teaches you to use exercise as a tool to get client’s lives back on track after an illness and improve their wellbeing. With the growing number of referral schemes from GPs, local authorities and the private sector, this specialism is not only high in demand but highly rewarding and profitable. This exercise referral course will train you to adapt and deliver exercise and healthy eating programmes for different health conditions. You will become an expert in the exercise referral process, while also learning about the UK health care system.
- Learn how to apply appropriate exercise strategies to different medical conditions.
- Understand a range of common medical conditions and how they affect exercise. Common medical conditions include: Asthma, Diabetes (Type 1 and 2) Rheumatoid arthritis, Osteoporosis, Obesity, Depression and Stress.
- Understand the current health care system in the UK and the referral process, including referrals to other professionals.
- Apply the principles of healthy eating to a range of medical conditions.
- Learn how to communicate with and support clients effectively.
- Adapt and deliver exercise plans for a range of medical conditions.
- Adapt and deliver exercise and healthy eating programmes for different health conditions.
- Become an expert in the exercise referral process, while also learning about the UK health care system.
- Increases your earning potential and employability.
- Broaden your client base and help boost your earnings.
- Learn the skills and knowledge to build a longstanding career.
- Develop a specialism that is high in demand.
- Taught by experienced and industry-qualified tutors who will provide guidance and support throughout the course.
- Unparalleled support online, over the phone and in person.
- Mix of classroom-based learning mixed with home study to reduce the number of days that you are required to attend.
- You must be over 16.
- You must have at least 3 months of teaching experience.
- You will need Level 2 Gym or Exercise to Music, Level 3 Yoga or Pilates, Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training, or equivalent.
How to book?
Simple, just speak to one of our course advisors.
We deliver our face-to-face courses from state-of-the-art venues across England. This course is currently running from:
To find the best date and location for you, speak to one of our experienced course advisors.
Speak to a Course Advisor
Our course advisors are on hand to answer any of your questions. Simply fill out this form and we will contact you in the next 48 hours.