Learn programming to improve the strength and stability of hip, knee and ankle joints in both supine and standing positions in this workshop developed by the Merrithew Health & Fitness™ team. The use of a Jumpboard with the Reformer allows the hip joint to be closer to an anatomically neutral alignment when transferring forces from the soles of the feet up through the body, promoting good biomechanics of the entire lower kinetic chain. Increased spring resistance emphasises strengthening of the arms, shoulder girdle and legs.
This is a 2-hour workshop.
- To apply the Five Basic Principles of the STOTT PILATES® method to exercises on the Jumpboard.
- To understand movement essence and exercise goals as applied to athletic conditioning.
- To utilise simple moves and increased tension to address specific strengthening goals.
- To alter starting positions to increase core strength and stability.
- 0.2 Continuing Education Credits (only relevant for STOTT PILATES – 0.6 required per year)
No formal qualifications required, this workshop is open to all Fitness Professionals and Pilates Instructors.
Call us on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to book your workshop or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
™/ ® Trademark or registered trademark of Merrithew corporation, used under licence.