The Rotational Disks add variety and challenge to Matwork at any level. Used alone or in pairs, they are perfect for testing balance and stability. In this workshop, developed by the Merrithew™ team, exercises are performed supine, prone, standing, and kneeling as well as on hands and knees, isolating movement to upper or lower torso. The highly movable disks create instability, challenging unilateral and bilateral stabilization to resist undesirable movements. They can also be used to allow greater ranges of rotation or lateral flexion through the spine.
Sign up for notificationsArray
This is a two-hour workshop.
What you will learn
- Apply the Five Basic Principles of STOTT PILATES® to exercises using the Rotational Disks
- Discover how the Rotational Disks can be used to challenge stability and balance
- Explore greater ranges of motion through the spine
- Learn cues and corrections for safety and effectiveness
What you will need
- Pilates Mat
- Rotational Disks (10 or 12 in)
What you qualify with
- 0.2 Continuing Education Credits
- 2 REPs points
Who can attend this workshop
No specific requirements. This workshop is open to all fitness professionals and Pilates instructors.
Call us on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to book your workshop or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
™/ ® Trademark or registered trademark of Merrithew corporation, used under licence.