STOTT PILATES Workshop Ultimate Back Care
Course Type: Workshop
About this workshop
Statistically, more than half of the adult population will experience lower back pain, either acute or ongoing, at some point in their lives. Mat-based Pilates exercises can be a valuable tool in the prevention and care of lower back problems. Developed by the Merrithew™ programming team in keeping with current research, this workshop focuses on exercise modifications that can be beneficial in a number of circumstances.
Major focus is placed on creating awareness and endurance of the local stabilisers of the lumbar spine and pelvic region. Although individual injuries are not covered, generalisations for specific exercise prescriptions are reviewed as a foundation for program development. Exercise choices for the prevention of back injuries and scope of practice concerns are also discussed.
4 hours face to face workshop developed by the Merrithew® team.
What you will learn
- Learn why and how STOTT PILATES® exercise can be beneficial for back problems.
- Understand the STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles of stabilisation and how they relate to back problems.
- Review exercise choice and program development for care and prevention of back issues.
- Discuss recent research regarding lumbo-pelvic stabilisation.
- No specific requirements. This workshop is open to all fitness professionals and Pilates instructors.
- 0.4 Continuing Education Credits (only relevant for STOTT PILATES – 0.6 required per year).
How to book?
Simple, just speak to one of our course advisors.