STOTT PILATES® Workshop Twist Ball™ Workout
Experience a fully integrated workout using the Twist Ball™, an air-filled weighted workout ball in this workshop, developed by the Merrithew® team.
Course Type: Workshop
About this workshop
In this workshop, participants experience a fully integrated workout using the Twist Ball, an air-filled weighted workout ball. The same size and density as a larger Mini Stability Ball™, the Twist Ball features a shifting centre of sand and two soft foam handles. Once whole-body movement is mastered, participants can increase the variable load and challenge the connective tissue system through new creative exercises. Learn healthy load transfer strategies using drag, pick-up and toss style movements that reinforce whole-body motion, control, strength and coordination to manage acceleration and deceleration forces. Selected exercises in this workshop created by the team at Merrithew™ emphasise movement variables and fascial concepts.
This is a 2 hour workshop developed by the Merrithew® team.
What you will learn
- Apply the STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles of Stabilisation to select seated exercises.
- Explore supported movements in a standing position focusing on proper form.
- Understand why STOTT PILATES is beneficial in cases of restricted mobility and how to modify them for this clientele.
- Explore cues and corrections for safety and effectiveness.
- You must be over 16.
- Open to all Fitness Professionals and Pilates Instructors.
This course will use a Twist Ball (1:1) and Pilates Mat.
How to book?
Simple, just speak to one of our course advisors.