STOTT PILATES® Workshop: Rotational Disks on the Mat
Learn how the Rotational Disks add variety and challenge to Matwork at any level in this YMCAfit workshop, developed by the Merrithew® team.
Course Type: Workshop
About this workshop
The Rotational Disks add variety and challenge to Matwork at any level. Used alone or in pairs, they are perfect for testing balance and stability. In this workshop, developed by the Merrithew™ team, exercises are performed supine, prone, standing, and kneeling as well as on hands and knees, isolating movement to upper or lower torso. The highly movable disks create instability, challenging unilateral and bilateral stabilization to resist undesirable movements. They can also be used to allow greater ranges of rotation or lateral flexion through the spine.
This is a 2 hour workshop developed by the Merrithew® team.
What you will learn
- Apply the Five Basic Principles of STOTT PILATES® to exercises using the Rotational Disks.
- Discover how the Rotational Disks can be used to challenge stability and balance.
- Explore greater ranges of motion through the spine.
- Discover cues and corrections for safety and effectiveness.
- You must be over 16.
- Open to all Fitness Professionals and Pilates Instructors.
This workshop will use a Pilates mat and Rotational Disks (10 or 12 in).
How to book?
Simple, just speak to one of our course advisors.