STOTT PILATES® Workshop Lumbo-Pelvic Region: Reformer Programming for Stability & Function
Explore how the Reformer can be an integral tool in a post-rehab setting in this interactive workshop, developed by the Merrithew® team.
Course Type: Workshop
About this workshop
The lumbo-pelvic region is an area of concern for a large number of clients. In this interactive workshop, developed by the Merrithew™ team, explore how the Reformer can be an integral tool in a post-rehab setting. After reviewing the anatomy, biomechanics and optimal functioning of the lumbar spine, pelvis, hip and surrounding musculature, discuss some of the more common injuries and conditions that can occur and the resulting dysfunction. Then, learn a wide variety of exercise options utilising the Reformer and many of its accessories and how to identify better movement patterns and muscular activation. Explore how modifications can provide ideal programming choices for various stages of healing and functional reintegration.
This is a 2 hour V2 Max Plus™ Workshop developed by the Merrithew® team.
What you will learn
- Understand the optimal function and movement patterns of the lumbo-pelvic region.
- Review anatomy, biomechanics, ideal movement and muscular involvement.
- Understand how common dysfunctions can alter recruitment and create pain.
- Explore Reformer-based exercises and progressions to optimise lumbo-pelvic function.
- You must be over 16.
- Open to all Fitness Professionals and Pilates Instructors.
This worshop will use the following equipment:
- 1 Reformer (Pro, Rehab, V2 Max Plus™ etc.)
- 1 Padded Platform Extender
- 1 Reformer Box
- 1 Maple Pole
- 1 Gripper Mat Double Loop Straps (1 pair)
- 1 or more of Jumpboard,
- Rotational Diskboard™
- Foam-Grip Handles (1 pair)
- Extension Straps (1 pair, if not included with Reformer)
How to book?
Simple, just speak to one of our course advisors.