STOTT PILATES® Workshop Dynamic Armchair Pilates™
Explore exercise variations in an upright, seated position in this workshop, developed by the Merrithew® team, to help develop balance and coordination.
Course Type: Workshop
About this workshop
If restricted mobility does not permit a client to lie on the floor or other equipment, this workshop, developed by the Merrithew® team, shows exercise variations in an upright, seated position. In addition to exploring movements incorporating the gentle resistance of the STOTT PILATES® Flex-Band® exerciser, participants work through a number of exercises performed in a supported standing position to help develop balance and coordination.
This is a 2 hour workshop developed by the Merrithew® team.
What you will learn
- Apply the STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles of Stabilisation to select seated exercises.
- Explore supported movements in a standing position focusing on proper form.
- Understand why STOTT PILATES is beneficial in cases of restricted mobility and how to modify them for this clientele.
- Explore cues and corrections for safety and effectiveness.
- You must be over 16.
- Open to all Fitness Professionals and Pilates Instructors.
This workshop will use Flex-Band® and Flex-Band® Handles.
How to book?
Simple, just speak to one of our course advisors.