STOTT PILATES® Workshop Armchair Pilates™ with Handweights
Maximise health, balance, coordination, and flexibility in a workout with the STOTT PILATES® Workshop Armchair Pilates™ with Handweights..
Course Type: Workshop
About this workshop
When working with older exercisers, programs need to be adjusted, sometimes dramatically, to accommodate those with limited mobility. Using light hand-held weights, this workout, developed by the Merrithew™ team, targets core strength and stability along with peripheral joint mobilisation from a seated position.
Exercises are designed to re-connect mind and body, target and improve the functional capacity of the older participant through graded strength training, proprioceptive awareness, and joint range of motion, as well as bring about a general sense of well-being.
Discover how to maximise functional health, balance, coordination, and flexibility in a workout to keep the body moving.
This is a 2 hour workshop developed by the Merrithew® team.
What you will learn
- Apply the STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles of Stabilisation to select seated exercises.
- Understand how movement essence and exercise goals benefit a specialised population.
- Acknowledge why hand weights are appropriate for maintaining strength and muscle tone.
- Understand how to modify exercises for clients with restricted mobility.
- You must be over 16.
- Open to all Fitness Professionals and Pilates Instructors.
This workshop will use a regular chair and light hand-held weights.
How to book?
Simple, just speak to one of our course advisors.