STOTT PILATES® Workshop Armchair Pilates™ Plusr
LeLearn how to adapt the STOTT PILATES® principles and exercises to a client with restricted mobility better suited to working in a seated position.
Course Type: Workshop
About this workshop
Learn how to adapt the STOTT PILATES® principles and exercises to a client with restricted mobility and who is better suited to working in a seated position. A variety of exercises will be discussed and demonstrated that work both the core and peripheral muscle groups while keeping the body upright. The Flex-Band® exerciser is also incorporated into many of the exercises, to provide resistance and add variety to this full-body program.
This is a 2 hour workshop developed by the Merrithew® team.
What you will learn
- Apply the STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles of Stabilisation to select seated exercises.
- Understand movement essence and exercise goals for a specialised population.
- Understand why STOTT PILATES is beneficial in cases of restricted mobility and how to modify them for this clientele.
- Explore cues and corrections for safety and effectiveness.
- You must be over 16.
- Open to all Fitness Professionals and Pilates Instructors.
This course will use a Flex-Band® exerciser.
How to book?
Simple, just speak to one of our course advisors.