Explore the normal healthy functioning of the shoulder girdle, some of the interruptions that can occur and exercise progressions to restore optimal function in this lecture/demo developed by the Merrithew™ team. First, break down the anatomy and biomechanics, available range of motion and typical movement patterns of the shoulder girdle, analyzing scapular movement, humeral movement and relevant muscular action. Next, address some common abnormal or dysfunctional movement patterns that can result from injury or overuse. And finally, discover exercise progressions done on the Mat with small props to rebuild normal muscle action and movement patterning as well as shoulder girdle exercises that can challenge and prepare for specific activities and enhance performance.
This is a two-hour workshop.
What you will learn
- Understand optimal function and movement patterns of shoulder girdle
- Understand common dysfunctions
- Review anatomy and muscular involvement
- Learn Mat-based exercises and progressions to optimize shoulder girdle function
What you will need
- 1 Pilates Mat
- 1 Flex-Band®
- 1 Fitness Circle®
- 1 Mini Stability Ball™ - Small (Blue)
- Foam Cushion 'C' (optional, based on availability)
- Rotational Disks (10 or 12 in, 1 pair)
- 1 Foam Roller™
- 1 Arc Barrel
- 1 Foam Cushion 'A'
- 1 Foam Cushion 'B'
- 1 Stability Ball™
- Stability Cushions™ (1 pair)
- Toning Balls™ (1 pair)
- 1 BOSU® PRO Balance Trainer
- 1 Spine Supporter
What you qualify with
- 0.2 Continuing Education Credits
Who can attend this workshop
No specific requirements. This workshop is open to all fitness professionals and Pilates instructors.
Call us on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to book your workshop or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
™/ ® Trademark or registered trademark of Merrithew corporation, used under licence.