The lumbo-pelvic region is an area of concern for a large number of clients. In this lecture/demo-style workshop, developed by the Merrithew™ team, explore how the Reformer can be an integral tool in a post-rehab setting. After reviewing the anatomy, biomechanics and optimal functioning of the lumbar spine, pelvis, hip and surrounding musculature, discuss some of the more common injuries and conditions that can occur and the resulting dysfunction. Then, learn a wide variety of exercise options utilizing the Reformer and many of its accessories and how to identify better movement patterns and muscular activation. Explore how modifications can provide ideal programming choices for various stages of healing and functional reintegration.
This is a two-hour workshop.
What you will learn
- Understand optimal function and movement patterns of lumbo-pelvic region
- Review anatomy, biomechanics, ideal movement and muscular involvement
- Understand how common dysfunctions can alter recruitment and create pain
- Learn Reformer-based exercises and progressions to optimize lumbo-pelvic function
What you will need
- 1 Reformer (Pro, Rehab, V2 Max Plus™ etc.)
- 1 Padded Platform Extender
- 1 Reformer Box
- 1 Maple Pole
- 1 Gripper Mat
- Double Loop Straps (1 pair)
- 1 or more of Jumpboard, Cardio-Tramp™, Rotational Diskboard™
- Foam-Grip Handles (1 pair)
- Extension Straps (1 pair, if not included with Reformer)
What you qualify with
- 0.2 Continuing Education Credits
Who can attend this workshop
No specific requirements. This workshop is open to all fitness professionals and Pilates instructors.
Call us on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to book your workshop or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
™/ ® Trademark or registered trademark of Merrithew corporation, used under licence.