Developed by former professional dancer Moira Merrithew, with input from sports medicine professionals, STOTT PILATES® is a contemporary, anatomically-based approach to Joseph Pilates' original exercise method. Incorporating modern exercise science and rehabilitation principles, it is a safe and highly effective low-impact way to stretch, strengthen and streamline the body.
STOTT PILATES helps to develop optimal strength, flexibility, endurance and posture, without building bulk or stressing joints, which makes it the perfect complement to cardiovascular exercise, athletic training or rehabilitation. The courses are ideal for experienced studio and fitness instructors, personal trainers, sports therapists, physiotherapists and those with a background in dance looking to improve their range of skills and enhance their employability.
STOTT PILATES Intensive Reformer Repertoire will prepare you to teach a broad range of exercises, variations and modifications performed on the Reformer, and how to combine Mat and Reformer based workouts for increased variety and intensity.
The course can be taken in two formats:
Intensive: 10 days practical over 2 weeks plus 1 day assessment
Weekends: 10 days practical usually conducted over consecutive weekends plus 1 day assessment
- Apply STOTT PILATES bio-mechanical principles of core stability, peripheral mobility, breathing and alignment to relevant exercises
- Break down essential and intermediate level exercises
- Exercise essence, muscular initiation and movement sequencing
- Apply variations to increase or decrease exercise intensity
- Modify for specific body types, postural issues and conditions
- Teach and communicate effectively using visual skills, verbal cueing and imagery for performance enhancement and
- Theory paper
- Exam after course
A teaching log needs to be completed prior to assessment. This includes:
- 25 hours practical teaching (individuals or groups)
- 40 hours physical review (attending STOTT PILATES classes or performing exercises with DVDs)
- 10 hours observation (STOTT PILATES classes or DVDs).
Please note: exam can be combined with STOTT PILATES Intensive Mat-Plus™ exam
The examination must be taken within 6 months of completion of your last STOTT PILATES course.
- STOTT PILATES
- YMCA Gym or Studio Instructor or equivalent. Alternatively be a practising sports therapist, physiotherapist or dancer
- Teaching experience is recommended
- Background practical knowledge of Pilates as a user-either the STOTT PILATES method or another style
- At least 30 hours of attending Pilates classes is required
- While Intensive Reformer may be taken prior to the Intensive Mat-Plus, we recommend completing the Intensive Mat-Plus first.
Call us on 020 3574 4794 to book your course or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. You can either pay the full amount or by setting up an interest free Direct Debit in 6 monthly installments.
™/ ® Trademark or registered trademark of Merrithew corporation, used under licence.