CORE™ Distance Running Workshop, Level 2
Explore how to train intelligently and focus on form to improve joint stability and mobility and enhance running efficiency in this YMCAfit workshop.
Course Type: Workshop
About this workshop
The CORE™ Program is all about training intelligently and focusing on form, execution and excellence in coaching and cueing. Distance running demands not only endurance, but tremendous amounts of lower body stability, strength and power, balanced upper body strength and enduring core stability and strength. This workshop, created by the Merrithew™ team, builds on the knowledge learned in Level 1 and features a dynamic functional warm up to prepare the body for performance, improve joint stability and mobility and enhance running efficiency. Then, targeted exercises will develop upper body, lower body and core stability and strength to improve power production. Finally, jump training and plyometrics will work on power, work capacity and agility.
This is a 2 hour workshop developed by the Merrithew® team.
What you will learn
- Discuss the training protocols most appropriate for distance runners.
- Explore the CORE Principles of training and discover how they can be implemented in training circuits.
- Discover how to manipulate training variables to best suit individual athletes and training goals.
- Understand how warm-ups and cool-downs can help prevent injury, speed recovery and increase flexibility.
- You must be over 16.
- Open to all Fitness Professionals and Pilates Instructors.
This course will cover the following equipment:
- V2 Max Plus Reformer
- Mat Converter
- Reformer Box
- Padded Platform Extender
- Foam Cushion ‘B’
- Double Loop Straps
How to book?
Simple, just speak to one of our course advisors.