CORE™ Distance Running Workshop, Level 1
Learn how to design an effective exercise plan, incorporating the CORE principles of STOTT PILATES® in this workshop developed by the Merrithew™ team.
Course Type: Workshop
About this workshop
This workshop applies the CORE™ principles and guides a distance runner through movements to improve performance by increasing efficiency. Hip and pelvic stability is tested throughout the running motion, and provides a foundation of core stability and strength from which power and endurance can be developed. With this workshop, you will understand how to apply athletic conditioning concepts to help runners meet the demands of the sport and decrease the risk of injury.
On this workshop you will learn the requirements and protocols involved in distance-running training. You will leave the workshop knowing how to design an effective exercise plan, incorporating the CORE principles of STOTT PILATES®.
This is a 2 hour workshop developed by the Merrithew® team.
What you will learn
- Determine the training protocols most appropriate for distance runners.
- Explore the fundamental CORE training principles to intelligently address common demands of this population.
- Understand how key elements of injury prevention factor into a specially designed plan.
- Discover how performance in the sport can be increased through a thoughtful and intelligently designed exercise plan.
- You must be over 16.
- Open to all Fitness Professionals and Pilates Instructors.
How to book?
Simple, just speak to one of our course advisors.