STOTT PILATES® Workshop The Shoulder Girdle: Reformer Programming for Stability & Function
Discover how Pilates programming on the Reformer can be ideal in a post-rehabilitative setting in this workshop developed by the Merrithew™ team.
Course Type: Workshop
About this workshop
The shoulder girdle is a complex structure that is subjected to stresses in everyday life and even more stress during extreme activities. In this informative and interactive workshop developed by the Merrithew™ team, discover how Pilates programming on the Reformer can be ideal in a post-rehabilitative setting. First, explore the anatomy and biomechanics involved in the normal, healthy functioning of the shoulder girdle, then discuss common abnormal or dysfunctional movement patterns that can result from injury or strain. Finally, learn how specially selected exercises on the Reformer can address these issues by creating awareness, stability and strength. Exercises are layered to restore functional mobility, then progress to work-hardening activities and performance enhancement.
This is a 2 hour workshop developed by the Merrithew® team.
What you will learn
- Understand the optimal function and movement patterns of the shoulder girdle.
- Understand common dysfunctions.
- Review anatomy and muscular involvement.
- Utilise exercises and progressions on the Reformer to optimize shoulder girdle function.
- You must be over 16.
- Open to all Fitness Professionals and Pilates Instructors.
This course will cover the following equipment:
- This workshop will use the following: 1 Reformer (Pro, Rehab, V2 Max Plus™ etc.)
- 1 Padded Platform Extender
- 1 Reformer Box
- 1 Maple Pole
- 1 Gripper Mat Double Loop Straps (1 pair)
- 1 or more of Jumpboard, Cardio-Tramp™, Rotational Diskboard™
- Foam-Grip Handles (1 pair) Extension Straps (1 pair, if not included with Reformer)
How to book?
Simple, just speak to one of our course advisors.