STOTT PILATES® Workshop Lumbo-Pelvic Region: Matwork Programming for Stability & Function
Explore the anatomy and biomechanics involved in the normal healthy functioning of the lumbo-pelvic region in this workshop developed by the Merrithew™ team.
Course Type: Workshop
About this workshop
This workshop explores the anatomy and biomechanics involved in the normal healthy functioning of the lumbo-pelvic region, some of the dysfunctions that can occur and exercise progressions to restore optimal function. Explore the available movements and ideal functioning of the lumbo-pelvic region while considering the lumbar spine, pelvis, hip and surrounding musculature. Learn how common abnormal or dysfunctional movement patterns and postures are addressed. Finally, you’ll learn Matwork exercises incorporating a variety of small props and progressions to rebuild normal muscle action and movement patterning are outlined.
This is a 2 hour workshop developed by the Merrithew® team.
What you will learn
- Understand the optimal function and movement patterns of lumbo-pelvic region.
- Review anatomy and muscular involvement in a variety of areas.
- Understand common dysfunctions due to injury, overuse or disease.
- Utilise Mat-based exercises and progressions to optimize lumbo-pelvic function.
- You must be over 16.
- Open to all Fitness Professionals and Pilates Instructors.
How to book?
Simple, just speak to one of our course advisors.