This course prepares you to teach Level 1 (Essential and Intermediate) exercises on the Barrels. By the end of this course you will be able to fine-tune personal and circuit training programs to meet a variety of clients’ conditioning goals using the Ladder Barrel, Spine Corrector and Arc Barrel.
The course price is inclusive of course materials which will you receive prior to the start of the course.
The course includes 10 hours of instruction and teaching over 2 days
Practice sessions at the beginning/end of the day are recommended and can be used in evidence for teaching log.
There will then be
- 10 hours' physical review.
- 5 hours' practical teaching.
- 5 hours' observation.
The course incorporates 3 pieces of equipment; Arc Barrel, Spine Corrector and Ladder Barrel that will enhance your exercise programmes for a range of clients.
- How to apply the STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles to exercises on the Arc Barrel, Spine Corrector and Ladder Barrel.
- Exercises from the STOTT PILATES Essential and Intermediate Barrel repertoire.
- To understand movement essence and exercise goals.
- How to support the spine in flexion, lateral flexion or extension, to target core and peripheral muscle groups, and to adapt exercises to specific body types.
- How to incorporate the barrels into a full-body workout and program for specific body types, postural issues and conditions.
- To develop effective communication and observational skills, verbal cueing and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation.
If you have only taken Comprehensive Matwork & Reformer, Intensive Mat-Plus or Intensive Reformer or Intensive Cadillac, Chair & Barrel courses and have not taken the Level 2 course(s) but wish to certify, you may take only a Level 1 exam.
- STOTT PILATES Certification
Note: students can teach before the exam. They would be known as a STOTT PILATES Trained Instructor. Once they have passed, students would be known as a STOTT PILATES Certified Instructor.
- STOTT PILATES Mat and Reformer
Sign up for notificationsArray
Call us on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to book your course or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. This course will need to be paid in full.