Fitness and Pilates instructors meet a variety of clients who are restricted in their movements for a variety of reasons. Often, spinal flexion is contraindicated due to osteoporosis, lumbar disc issues or a number of other concerns. During this workshop you will learn how to modify Pilates exercises in a range of intensity levels to create workouts that achieve the primary goal of limiting flexion, while providing an effective full-body workout. Small hand weights, Stability Cushions™ and the Flex-Band® Exerciser are used to increase upper body resistance while further challenging the stability of the torso in a neutral alignment.
This is a two-hour workshop.
- To discuss how the STOTT PILATES® Five Basic Principles apply when movement is restricted.
- To create a challenging workout without altering spinal alignment.
- To incorporate small handweights in a full flexion-free workout.
- To keep the workout safe with exercise modifications for various movement limitations.
- 0.2 Continuing Education Credits (only relevant for STOTT PILATES – 0.6 required per year)
No specific requirements. Open to all Fitness Professionals and Pilates Instructors.
Call us on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to book your workshop or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
™/ ® Trademark or registered trademark of Merrithew corporation, used under licence.