Level 2 courses as a gym instructor and exercise instructor or Level 3 courses in personal training and yoga teaching.
The Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga (Practitioner) course has been developed using the practice of Hatha Yoga - the foundation from where many popular styles of yoga have developed. On the course, you will learn yoga asanas (positions), pranayama (breath control), mudra (hand positions), as well as meditation and yoga kriyas (cleansing techniques).
It is suitable for individuals who do not hold a fitness related qualification but have experience practising yoga and would like to develop a new and rewarding career in teaching yoga. It is also the ideal course for Level 2 Fitness Instructors and Level 3 Personal Trainers who have a keen interest in yoga, practise regularly and are looking to invest in or diversify their career.
The benefits of taking this course
- Sharing your passion with others is a joyful experience
- A YMCA Awards recognised qualification provides opportunities to teach both group classes and one to one sessions in gyms, leisure centres and yoga studios
- Obtain a qualification that is both CIMPSA and REPs recognised (minimum standards for the Health & Fitness sector)
- Work freelance delivering classes in various settings to build a regular committed, clientele, which will provide you with a regular income
- You will be taught by our highly qualified and experienced tutors who present the practical content with passion. Tutors will adapt their delivery to suit your individual learning style
- Learn how to provide a positive customer experience and how to best support clients in terms of their lifestyle and health choices
- You'll have unparalleled student support to help you along your way
- You’ll be able to create and plan structured group classes, which you will deliver with confidence to a diverse clientele
You may wish to study the Diploma in Teaching Yoga either as a full-time week day course or as a part-time weekend course. Both options are combined with home based and on-line study.
- Format: Classroom-based learning and home study
- Duration: 9 days plus 1 day assessment
You'll need to book this course a minimum of 6 weeks in advance to allow enough time to complete the theory learning online ready to sit the exams during the course.
Please note: If you have already passed a Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF) qualification, you may be exempt from one or more units of the course. Please contact one of our Course Advisors for more details.
What you will learn
- Level 2 Anatomy and Physiology for Instructors
- Level 2 Providing a Positive Customer Experience
- Level 2 Lifestyle Management and Health Awareness
- Level 3 Applied Anatomy and Physiology
- Fundamentals and Philosophy of Yoga
- Instructing group Yoga sessions
- Instructing one to one Yoga sessions
- A wide variety of asanas (positions), pranayama (breath control), mudra (hand positions), as well as meditation and yoga kriyas (cleansing techniques).
- How to adapt yoga practises to meet clients’ needs during a yoga session
- How to review yoga sessions with individuals
- Plan, prepare, instruct and adapt yoga sessions
- Design a progressive programme of yoga
- How to deal with common conditions encountered in a yoga class
Develop your communication skills
- Manage group dynamics and different abilities.
- Learn how to communicate with clients effectively to promote wellness and exercise.
- Understand how rapport and soft skills can be used to motivate and change client behaviour.
How you will be assesed
A combination of practical and written assessments including:
- Multiple choice theory papers
- Practical assessment
- Practice journal
- Lesson plans
What you qualify with
- YMCA Awards Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga (Practitioner)
- 20 REPs points / Entry to REPs at Level 3
- 10 CIMSPA points
- Anyone over 16
- We recommended two years' experience of practising yoga
Call us on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to book your course or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. You can either pay the full amount or by setting up an interest free direct debit in six monthly installments.
Advanced Learner Loan
If you are over 19, you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan that could help cover the cost of the course. Find out if you are eligible.
When you book your course with an Advanced Learner Loan, you'll need to pay an upfront payment of £250 which is refunded upon receipt of full funding. If eligible, you will receive funding for the full price of your course.
Speak to our Course Advisors to find out more.
Save 10% on course fees when you book and pay in full, two or more months in advance of the course start date.