The Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga course has been developed with, and quality assured by our partner Yoga Professionals. It is based around the practice of Hatha Yoga – the foundation from where many popular styles of yoga have developed. On the course you will learn yoga asanas (positions), pranayama (breath control), mudra (hand positions), as well as meditation and yoga kriyas (cleansing techniques).
It is suitable for individuals who do not hold a fitness related qualification but have experience practising yoga and would like to develop a new and rewarding career in teaching yoga. It is also the ideal course for Level 2 Fitness Instructors and Level 3 Personal Trainers who are looking to make an investment in their career and develop the skills to teach yoga classes and one-to-one sessions.
The benefits of taking this course
- Helping others find the joy of yoga is a wonderful expression of our own joy of the practice
- A YMCA Awards recognised qualification that provides opportunities to teach in gyms and leisure centres
- Work freelance delivering classes in various settings
- You will be taught by our highly qualified and experienced tutors who tailor their delivery to suit your individual learning style.
- Suitable for individuals who do not hold a fitness related qualification but have experience practicing yoga and would like to develop a new and rewarding career in teaching yoga .
- 0% finance available - spread the cost with interest free monthly payments
- You'll have unparalleled student support to help you along your way
16 Mar 2019 - 17 Mar 2019
30 Mar 2019 - 31 Mar 2019
06 Apr 2019 - 07 Apr 2019
13 Apr 2019 - 13 Apr 2019
25 May 2019 - 26 May 2019
13 Jul 2019 - 14 Jul 2019
27 Jul 2019 - 28 Jul 2019
03 Aug 2019 - 04 Aug 2019
10 Aug 2019 - 10 Aug 2019
21 Sep 2019 - 22 Sep 2019
You may wish to study the Diploma in Teaching Yoga whilst staying within full-time employment. With this in mind, we offer classroom-based learning at the weekends, mixed with home study to reduce the number of days that you are required to attend.
- Format: Classroom-based learning and home study
- Duration: 9 days plus 1 day assessment
You'll need to book this course a minimum of 6 weeks in advance to allow enough time to complete the theory learning online ready to sit the exams during the course.
Please note: If you already have a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (QCF) and a Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology qualification, you will only need to take the practical units of this course and assessments. The price is cheaper and shown as 'practical module' in the location and dates section. We can chat more about this at the time of booking
What you will learn
- A wide variety of asanas (positions), pranayama (breath control), mudra (hand positions), as well as meditation and yoga kriyas (cleansing techniques).
- How to adapt yoga practices to meet participants needs during a yoga session
- How to review yoga sessions with individuals
- To plan, prepare, instruct and adapt yoga sessions
- To design a progressive programme of yoga
- To understand how to identify personal goals with participants
- The fundamentals of teaching yoga (philosophy and practices)
- How to deal with common conditions encountered in a yoga class
- To identify the major bones, muscles and muscle actions of the body
- To explain the workings of the body’s cardiovascular (CV) and energy systems
- To identify the components and principles of fitness
- How to relate the Health and Safety at Work Act to the gym environment
- To identify excellent teaching skills in order to deliver safe and effective exercise programmes
- To identify good customer care and strategies for the adoption and maintenance of physical activity
- How to apply specific health checks
- Plan, teach, deliver and evaluate a Yoga session
How you will be assesed
A combination of practical and written assessment methods including:
- Multiple choice theory papers
- Practical assessment
- Practice journal
- Case study
What you qualify with
- YMCA Awards Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga
- 20 REPs points / Entry to REPs at Level 3
- 10 CIMSPA points
- Anyone over 16
- We recommended two years' experience of practising yoga
Call us on 020 3574 4794 to book your course or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. You can either pay the full amount or by setting up an interest free direct debit in six monthly installments.
Advanced Learner Loan
If you are over 19, you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan that could help cover the cost of the course. Find out if you are eligible.
When you book your course with an Advanced Learner Loan, you'll need to pay an upfront payment of £250 which is refunded upon receipt of full funding. If eligible, you will receive funding for the full price of your course.
Speak to our Course Advisors to find out more.
Save 10% on course fees when you book and pay in full, two or more months in advance of the course start date.