Level 2 courses as a gym instructor and exercise instructor or Level 3 courses in personal training and yoga teaching.
This Level 3 Personal Training Diploma (Practitioner) is for anyone that wants to start a career as a personal trainer that already has Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym-based) qualification.
Our personal trainer courses are all delivered with face-to-face training to give you the practical experience of communicating, assessing and motivating your clients. We believe that training you in a gym and studio environment, with tutors and peers, gives you the right skills and experience to start your PT career.
You'll leave this course having received the guidance and support to train clients and create advanced fitness plans over a number of practical sessions.
This course has been developed to meet the latest industry standards. It's CIMSPA accredited and is internationally recognised.
- This course is delivered full-time (weekdays) or part-time (weekends/weekdays/evenings)
- Builds on the knowledge you have learned on the Level 2 Gym Instructor certificate
- Be able to start-up, develop and market your PT business with our business skills course units
- Take part in inspiring practical workshops and engaging theory sessions to learn the skills and knowledge to build a longstanding career
- Learn the skills to train clients and small groups
- This course will qualify you to work as a Personal Trainer in a gym or self employed
- This course includes High Intensity Training (HIIT) CPD that will give you the knowledge to plan and teach small group training sessions. A focus on HIIT and functional training will give you the skills to expand your offer as a PT. You will receive a separate certificate for this module.
- This course includes a free one-day High Intensity Training (HIIT) CPD that will give you the knowledge to plan and teach small group training sessions. A focus on HIIT and functional training will give you the skills to expand your offer as a PT.
Offers and payment options
- 0% finance available - spread the cost with interest free monthly payments
- Get 10% off our full-time route when you pay in full at least 2 months before the start date
- Apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to fund your course and pay once you earn over £25K*
The course is delivered full-time or part-time at our locations around the UK.
Full-time / Weekdays
- 12 days face-to-face tuition
- More face to face content with two online units to study at home
- 1 day practical assessment
Part-time / Weekends or Weekdays or Evenings
- 7 days face-to-face tuition
- More online course content to study at home than the full-time format to give you a more flexible learning experience
- 1 day practical assessment
What you will learn
The Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training (practitioner) will provide you with a deeper knowledge of the anatomy and physiology, weight management, nutrition and advanced teaching and programming skills. After taking this course you will be ready to coach clients to reach their desired goals using sessions and programmes that you have designed.
- Applied Anatomy (Level 3)
- Nutrition to Support Physical Activity
- Promoting Wellness Through Client Motivation
- Bespoke Exercise Programme Design
- Customed exercise Programme Instruction
- Communication Techniques
- Business Acumen for a Successful Personal Training Practice
- Level 3 Personal Training
Develop your skills to help clients achieve their goals
- Provide you with the ability to train a wide variety of individuals (including those with medical conditions which effect their lifestyle and wellbeing)
- Gain an understanding of the role digital technology can play in supporting your clients programmes
- Use your nutritional knowledge to support your client’s physical activity and help them achieve their personal goals
- Carry out detailed postural analysis with clients to help you to write corrective programmes to increase their function
Develop your business skills and client base:
- Learn how to promote, market and sell your PT service
- Understand how digital and social platforms can be used to grow your client base
Develop your communication skills
- Learn how to communicate with clients effectively to promote wellness and exercise
- Understand how rapport and soft skills can be used to motivate and change your clients behaviour
How you are assessed
Your assessments will include:
- Multiple choice theory papers
- Case studies
- Knowledge question worksheets
What you will qualify with
This combined course is accredited and endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) and will give you a total of:
- 10 CIMSPA points
The certificates you will receive are:
- YMCA Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training (Practitioner)
- YMCAfit HIIT
Who can do this course
- Anyone over 16
- You will need a current Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym-based) qualification
Call us on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to book your course or fill out our request a call back form.
If you are over 19, you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan that could help cover the cost of the course. Find out if you are eligible.
When you book your course with an Advanced Learner Loan, you'll need to pay an upfront payment of £250 which is refunded upon receipt of full funding. If eligible, you will be entitled to a maximum loan of £1,417.