Speak to our Course Advisors to find out more.
Ante and postnatal clients are the mothers of your community and they need your support to stay fit and healthy. This specialism will provide you with the expertise and confidence to deliver safe and effective exercise programmes for women who are pregnant or have recently had a baby. You can use these skills within mixed ability classes or you can create exclusive classes for this client group, to maximise your employability and income
- Qualifies you to teach exclusive classes for this population group
- Gives you the potential to earn more and increase your employability
- You'll be part of an exciting phase in your client’s life
- It’s taught by highly qualified, experienced tutors
- Internationally recognised qualification
This course is suitable if you wish to study whilst staying within full-time employment as we have a variety of formats to choose from.
Face to Face classroom
This format is delivered in a classroom at our London venue. You may prefer to attend a course delivered in an educational setting.
- Format: Face to face classroom-based learning
- Duration: 2 days
- Weekdays and weekend options available
- Assessments: The theory assessment is taken during the course. All other assessments are submitted online.
This format is delivered in a virtual classroom. You may prefer to study from home to reduce the need to travel.
- Format: Virtual Classroom based learning
- Duration: 4 x 3hr virtual classroom sessions
- Weekend and evening options available
- Online theory assessment
- Online written assignment submission
This course will teach you everything you need to know about designing and delivering effective programmes for antenatal and postnatal clients. Lessons will include:
- How to plan and teach antenatal and postnatal sessions within your area of expertise.
- Physiological and anatomical changes to the body throughout pregnancy, in relation to exercise.
- Changes in nutritional requirements for ante and postnatal clients.
- How to identify cases when exercise and activity aren’t recommended.
- How to maintain participant safety and respond to an emergency situation.
- The role health care professionals play in supporting ante and postnatal clients
- How to identify and manage specific risks to the ante and postnatal clint when taking
- Theory paper
- Case study
- YMCA Awards Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise for Ante Natal and Post Natal Clients.
- 10 CIMSPA points
This course is open to anyone over the age of 16. It is essentials that you have a minimum of three months teaching experience.
One of the following or equivalents:
- Level 2 Exercise to Music
- Level 2 Gym Instructor or Level 3 Personal Trainer
- Level 3 Pilates Instructor
- Level 3 Yoga Instructor
Call us on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to book your course or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. This course will need to be paid in full.