Ante and postnatal clients are the mothers of your community, and they need your support to stay fit and healthy. This specialism will provide you with the expertise and confidence to deliver safe and effective exercise programmes for women who are pregnant or have recently had a baby. You can use these skills within mixed ability classes, or you can create exclusive classes and 1 to 1 sessions for this client group, to maximise your employability and income. This course is designed to enable the fitness professional to achieve the skills, knowledge, and competence to cater for ante and post-natal clients.
- Qualifies you to teach exclusive classes and 1 to 1 session for this population group
- Gives you the potential to earn more and increase your employability
- It’s taught by highly qualified, experienced tutors
Face to Face classroom
This format is delivered in a classroom at our London venue. You may prefer to attend a course delivered in an educational setting.
- Format: Face to face classroom-based learning
- Duration: 2 days
- Weekdays and weekend options available
- Assessments: The theory assessment is taken during the course. All other assessments are submitted online.
This format is delivered in a virtual classroom. You may prefer to study from home to reduce the need to travel.
- Format: Virtual Classroom based learning
- Duration: 4 x 3hr virtual classroom sessions
- Weekend and evening options available
- Online theory assessment
- Online written assignment submission
What you will learn
This course will include programme design, how to manage the risks and support antenatal and postnatal clients. Lessons will include:
- Programme design for ante and post-natal clients.
- Physiological and anatomical changes to the body throughout pregnancy, in relation to exercise.
- Changes in nutritional requirements for ante and postnatal clients.
- Contraindications to exercise for ante and postnatal clients.
- The role health care professionals play in supporting ante and postnatal clients.
- How to identify and manage risks in ante and postnatal exercise sessions.
How you are assessed
- Theory paper
- Case study
What you will qualify with
- YMCA Awards Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise for Ante Natal and Post Natal Clients.
- 10 CIMSPA points
Who can do this course
This course is open to anyone over the age of 16. It is essential that you have a minimum of three months of teaching experience, and:
- A minimum of a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing or equivalent
Call us on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to book your course or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. This course will need to be paid in full.