The Diploma in Sports Massage gives you the qualifications you need to treat sports injuries and aid in rehabilitation. With a growing number of people going to the gym, there is now a requirement for those able to deliver the healing properties that a sports massage can provide.
You'll take part in practical workshops throughout course with treatments from your peers and learn the skills and knowledge required for a longstanding career.
This course is suitable for both new and experienced trainers. You will need to be physically fit enough and willing to take part in practical workshops.
The benefits of taking this course
- Learners who complete this qualification will be able to gain employment and obtain insurance to work as either an employed or self-employed sports massage therapist within facilities such as sports massage & osteopathic clinics and sporting/fitness venues
- This qualification meets the pre-entry requirements of YMCA Awards Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy (QCF)
- Massage starter kit discount from Physique on a range of products to help you deliver the very best treatments when you qualify.
The classroom based learning course will give you all the necessary skills to start your career in sports massage.
- Format: Classroom based learning
- 10 days (including assessment day) over 6 weekends
What you will learn
- Anatomy and physiology for sports massage
- Principles of health and fitness
- Professional practice in sports massage
- The principles of soft tissue dysfunction
- Fundamentals of sports massage treatments
How you will be assessed
- Multiple choice theory paper
- Observed treatment session (x3)
Please note that you will be required to bring one participant with you for your assessment.
What you qualify with
- YMCA Awards Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage
- 16 REPs points / Entry to REPs at Level 3
This course is supported by:
- Skills for Health (SfH)
- General Council for Massage Therapy
- Sports Massage Association
- Sports Therapy Organisation
- LCSP Register of Remedial Masseurs & Manipulative Therapists
- Anyone over 16
- Must be fit enough to perform sports massage
Call us on 0844 417 2349 to book your course or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. You can either pay the full amount or by setting up an interest free direct debit in six monthly installments.
If you are over 19, you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan that could help cover the cost of the course. Find out if you are eligible.
When you book your course with an Advanced Learner Loan, you'll need to pay an upfront payment of £375 which is refunded upon receipt of full funding. If eligible, you will receive funding for the full price of your course.
Save 10% on course fees when you book and pay in full, two or more months in advance of the course start date.