If you're already working as a Gym Instructor and you're ready for the next step in your career, it's the Certificate in Personal Training. This course will qualify you as a Personal Trainer so you can offer clients tailor-made fitness and lifestyle plans that can be adapted for different environments, along with nutritional advice.
Included as part of the certificate is the Suspension Fitness module to equip you with the tools deliver this popular session. You will be taught by industry experts and active Personal Trainers and could be fully qualified and ready for work within six weeks.
This is an important part of the journey to completing an Advanced Diploma in Personal Training, which will give you an extensive portfolio of skills and the opportunity to run your own business.
The benefits of taking this course
- The Certificate in Personal Training is an internationally recognised qualification
- You'll be prepared to start work straight away
- You'll have access to first-class eLearning resources
- 0% finance available - spread the cost with interest free monthly payments
- You'll have unparalleled student support to help you along your way
- You'll have access to discounted equipment
The Certificate in Personal Training course can be taken in the following formats:
- The intensive course consists of six modules
- Format: Classroom based.
- Duration: 11 days
- You may wish to study whilst staying within full-time employment. With this in mind, you can attend classes over the weekend and do one module at a time.
- Format: Classroon and home study
- Duration: a speed that suits you; seven months to one year is definitely achievable.
- Available in two formats:
1. All classroom-based learning
2. A blend of classroom-based learning and online home study*.
*This format must be booked a minimum of six weeks in advance to allow enough time to complete the theory learning online ready to sit the exams during the course. Theory learning is completed from home via our eLearning website but exams taken during the course. With the exception of Exercise and Nutrition, theory assessment that can be booked on one of our theory evenings that take place nationwide.
The Certificate in Personal Training will provide you with a deeper knowledge of the anatomy and physiology, weight management, nutrition and advanced teaching and programming skills. After taking this course you will be ready to coach clients to reach their desired goals using sessions and programmes that you have designed. Lessons will include:
- How to plan one to one sessions both in and out of the gym environment
- How to design periodised programmes for specific training goals
- How to create a client’s personal profile
- How to plan effective sessions for a variety of clients
- Setting SMART goals as part of a training programme
- How to perform health and fitness assessments on clients (blood pressure, cardiovascular fitness, flexibility and body fat percentage)
- Anatomy, physiology and kinesiology
- Teaching cardiovascular and resistance training
- Teaching effective core stability exercises
- Advanced teaching skills
- Group teaching skills
- Reviewing food diaries
- How to provide nutritional guidelines based on individual goals
- Understanding food labels and evaluating claims made by food manufacturers
- How to set up Suspension Training equipment
- Principles of Suspension Training
- Managing individuals and small groups using Suspension Training
- Reviewing, evaluating and adapting Personal Training programmes to meet clients' lifestyle changes
- PNF muscle stretching
You will have 2 days of assessments with a mixture of theory and practical work. Your assessments will include:
- Multiple choice theory papers
- Case studies
- Knowledge question worksheets
- Level 2 Gym Instructor or equivalent
- YMCA Awards Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- YMCA Awards Suspension Fitness
Call us on 0844 417 2349 to book your course or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. You can either pay the full amount or by setting up an interest free direct debit in six monthly installments.
If you are over 19, you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan that could help cover the cost of the course. Find out if you are eligible.
When you book your course with an Advanced Learner Loan, you'll need to pay an upfront payment of £250 which is refunded upon receipt of full funding. If eligible, you will be entitled to a maximum loan of £1,417 as the course fee of £123 will be taken out of your deposit.
Save 10% on course fees when you book. Pay the full price two or more months in advance of the course start date. Special offer course price: £1,386 (save £154).