Ante and postnatal clients are the mothers of your community and they need your support to stay fit and healthy. This specialism will provide you with the expertise and confidence to deliver safe and effective exercise programmes for women who are pregnant or have recently had a baby. You can use these skills within mixed classes or you can create exclusive classes for this client group, to maximise your employability and income.
The benefits of taking this course
- You can teach exclusive classes for this population group
- You'll have the potential to earn more
- You'll have unparalleled student support to help you along your way
- Internationally recognised qualification
This is a flexible learning course with the majority of the course being taught online.
Format: A blend of classroom-based learning and online home study
Duration: 2 days
This format must be booked a minimum of 6 weeks in advance to allow enough time to complete the theory learning online ready to sit the exams during the course.
This course will teach you everything you need to know about designing and delivering effective programmes for antenatal and postnatal clients. Lessons will include:
- How to plan and teach antenatal and postnatal sessions within your area of expertise.
- Physiological and anatomical changes to the body throughout pregnancy, in relation to exercise.
- Changes in nutritional requirements for ante and postnatal clients.
- How to identify cases when exercise and activity aren’t recommended.
- How to maintain participant safety and respond to an emergency situation.
- Theory paper
- Case study
- YMCA Awards Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise for Ante Natal and Post Natal Clients.
- 20 REPs points
- Over 16 years of age
- A minimum of three months' teaching experience is strongly recommended.
One of the following or equivalents:
- Level 2 Exercise to Music
- Gym Instructor
- Level 3 Pilates Instructor
- Yoga Instructor
Call us on 0844 417 2349 to book your course or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. This course will need to be paid in full.