Fitness and Pilates instructors meet a variety of clients who are restricted in their movements for a variety of reasons. Often, spinal flexion is contraindicated due to osteoporosis, lumbar disc issues or a number of other concerns. During this workshop you will learn how to modify Pilates exercises in a range of intensity levels to create workouts that achieve the primary goal of limiting flexion, while providing an effective full-body workout. Small hand weights, Stability Cushions™ and the Flex-Band® Exerciser are used to increase upper body resistance while further challenging the stability of the torso in a neutral alignment.
This is a two-hour workshop.
- To discuss how the STOTT PILATES® Five Basic Principles apply when movement is restricted.
- To create a challenging workout without altering spinal alignment.
- To incorporate small handweights in a full flexion-free workout.
- To keep the workout safe with exercise modifications for various movement limitations.
- 0.2 Continuing Education Credits (only relevant for STOTT PILATES – 0.6 required per year)
No specific requirements. Open to all Fitness Professionals and Pilates Instructors.
Call us on 0844 417 2349 to book your workshop or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.