Kickstart your career as a Gym Instructor. Offer ends Tuesday 20th March.
The Level 2 Gym Instructor course will give you the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to begin your career in fitness. It's a fantastic first step into the industry and the foundation for further progression to becoming a Personal Trainer. You will have the opportunity to design tailored gym programmes and encourage gym-users to train safely and effectively.
The course is taught by our highly qualified tutors who tailor their delivery to suit your individual learning style. You will receive comprehensive learning resources and all the guidance and support needed to pass.
The course will qualify you for employment in any gym across the UK where you can work full or part-time as a gym instructor, become a gym supervisor or fitness manager.
The benefits of taking this course
- An engaging introduction to the health and fitness sector
- Provides a gateway to a wide range continuing professional development courses
- A fully comprehensive programme of study to equip you to work within a gym environment
- 0% finance available - spread the cost with interest free monthly payments
- You'll have unparalleled student support to help you along your way
Save 10% when you pay the full course fee at least 2 months before the start date.
The Gym Instructor course can be taken in the following formats:
- Format: Classroom based learning
- Duration: 9 days run over 2 weeks plus 1 day assessment.
You may wish to study whilst staying within full-time employment. With this in mind, we offer a blend of classroom based learning and home study to reduce the number of days that you are required to attend.
- Format: Classroom based learning and home study.
- Duration: 4 days plus 1 day assessment.
This format must be booked a minimum of 6 weeks in advance to allow enough time to complete the theory learning online ready to sit the exams during the course.
If you have already completed a Level 2 Exercise to Music, Kids Fitness or Aqua qualification, you may only need to take the planning and practical units on this course and assessments. The price is cheaper and shown as 'practical module' in the location and dates section. We can chat more about this at the time of booking.
What you will learn
- Identify the major bones, muscles and muscle actions of the body.
- Explain the workings of the body’s cardiovascular (CV) and energy systems.
- Identify the components and principles of fitness.
- How to relate the Health and Safety at Work Act to the gym environment.
- Identify excellent teaching skills in order to deliver safe and effective exercise programmes.
- Identify good customer care and strategies for the adoption and maintenance of physical activity.
- How to plan, teach and evaluate a gym programme.
- Demonstrate good personal technique on a range of CV equipment, fixed resistance, free weights and body weight exercises.
- How to apply specific health checks.
- Apply basic skills that will enable you to include older adult, disabled, and antenatal and post-natal client groups in your sessions.
How you will be assessed
A combination of practical and written assessment methods including:
- Practical - you will be required to bring one helper for your practical assessment
- Multiple choice theory papers
What you qualify with
- YMCA Awards Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise)
- 20 REPs points / Entry to REPs at Level 2
- 10 CIMSPA points
Who can do this course
- Anyone over 16
- Must have experience of using cardiovascular equipment; fixed and free weights within a gym environment
Call us on 0844 417 2349 to book your course or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. You can either pay the full amount or by setting up an interest free direct debit in three monthly installments.
*Terms and conditions apply. The full offer discount listed only applies when you pay in full at the time of booking. This offer cannot be used with any other discount.
Early payment discount
Save 10% on course fees when you book and pay the full price two or more months in advance of the course start.
Come along to one of our free open evenings, which run throughout the year.
Tutors and members of the Course Sales Team will be available to discuss:
- Different training routes available to you
- The training and support you'll receive whilst studying
- Career paths once you're qualified
- Continuing professional development
You'll also get the opportunity to check out the course venue, course manuals and meet other students.
It's free to book, so just call our Course Sales Advisors on 0844 346 0036 to reserve your place today.