This Mindful Movement™ workout, created by the Merrithew Health & Fitness™ team, is based on the foundation that proper breathing is the key to a healthy, nourished and vibrant body. We use the breath to activate movement from the inside-out so we can concentrate on optimizing the core connection and mobility of the spine, hips and shoulder girdle. The exercises presented incorporate the Mini Stability Ball™ and aim to improve posture, relieve the body of negative tension, and strengthen the core.
- Apply the principle of effective breathing to modified Matwork exercises.
- Understand how the Mini Stability Ball can be used to facilitate improved breathing patterns.
- Increase body awareness through breath.
- Create fluid Mat-based programs.
- Open to all Fitness Professionals and Pilates Instructors
- 2 hours face to face workshop
- No assessment
- Workshop completion letter
- 0.2 Continuing Education Credits (only relevant for STOTT PILATES® – 0.6 required per year)