This high-energy workshop, developed by the Merrithew Health & Fitness™ team, is a great opportunity for instructors looking to bring music-inspired movement to their clients. Following the class template used in the Total Barre™ Foundation Course and with the same level of intensity, instructors learn unique choreography to create a biomechanically well-balanced and fun Barre program.
Incorporating light props such as the Flex-Band®, Mini Stability Ball™ and Toning Balls™ gives instructors more flexibility for their clients in an hour-long, endurance-focused class. A recommended play list of music is provided, as well as suggested beats per minute for each segment, so you can build on this and select your own music to create theme-based classes such as disco, acid jazz, reggae, and salsa.
- Apply the comprehensive alignment principles concept used in all Total Barre programs.
- Utilise the Total Barre template which provides choreography, and tempo for an hour Stability Barre class.
- Break down key movement segments in detail to provide optimum biomechanics.
- Work with music, phrasing and counting as well as teaching strategies, exercise variations and modifications to ensure classes are safe and effective for all participants.
- Open to all fitness professionals and Pilates Instructors.
Format and Assessment
- 4 hours face to face workshop
- No assessment
- 0.4 Continuing Education Credits (only relevant for STOTT PILATES® – 0.6 required per year)