Expectant and new mothers alike will reap the myriad benefits of exercising with music in this unique Total Barre® program. Not only will this workout keep new moms and moms-to-be moving, but the plus of moving to music will help tackle self-image issues, reduce stress, combat postural and muscle imbalances, and increase social interaction. Created by the programming brains at Merrithew™, the Total Barre template is used as the guideline in an appropriate workout for this very special population. Every move is designed to increase flexibility, balance, joint stability and pelvic floor activation all while boosting moods and lifting spirits.
This is a two-hour workshop.
What you will learn
- Learn how to apply the Total Barre Foundational Principles in a pre- post-natal workout
- Understand how to use the Total Barre template to create a unique workout
- Discover modifications appropriate for the pre- and post-natal client taking physiological changes and requirements into account
- Explore how appropriate music selections can help combat a variety of pre-and post-natal concerns
What you will need
- Parallel Stability Barre™ with connectors (6' 1:4; 12' 1:8)
- Mini Handweights, Soft Dumbbells (1.1–2.2 lbs) or 2 lb Toning Balls™ (2:1)
- Mini Stability Ball™ (blue) (1:1)
What you qualify with
- 0.2 Continuing Education Credits
Who can attend this workshop
No specific requirements. This workshop is open to all fitness professionals and Pilates instructors.
Call us on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to book your workshop or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
™/ ® Trademark or registered trademark of Merrithew corporation, used under licence.