Explore the anatomy and biomechanics involved in the normal healthy functioning of the shoulder girdle, discuss some of the interruptions that can occur, and exercise progressions to restore optimal function. Firstly, available ROM and typical movement patterns of the shoulder girdle are broken down, analysing scapular movement, humeral movement and relevant muscular action. Next, common abnormal or dysfunctional movement patterns are addressed. And finally, exercise progressions to rebuild normal muscle action and movement patterning are covered, as well as shoulder girdle exercises that can challenge and prepare for specific activities and enhance performance.
This is a 2-hour workshop.
- To understand optimal function and movement patterns of shoulder girdle.
- To understand common dysfunctions.
- To review anatomy and muscular involvement.
- Exercises and progressions on the equipment to optimize shoulder girdle function.
- 0.2 Continuing Education Credits (only relevant for STOTT PILATES – 0.6 required per year)
No formal qualifications required, this workshop is open to all Fitness Professionals and Pilates Instructors.
Call us on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to book your workshop or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
™/ ® Trademark or registered trademark of Merrithew corporation, used under licence.