Clients with osteoporosis face genuine issues when looking for a suitable exercise program. This flexion free workout, developed by the Merrithew Health and Fitness™ team, will share programming ideas taking into account the different forms of the condition and how they will affect your client. Use the biomechanical foundation of STOTT PILATES® to discover how to create effective programmes that address the specific needs of this population. Explore how balance and resistance props can effectively assist clients and offer myriad modifications and variations to a mat work routine.
This is a 2-hour workshop.
- To understand the different causes of osteoporosis.
- To discuss contraindicated movements in various parts of the body.
- To utilise light props to aid in exercise programming.
- To select STOTT PILATES exercises that can be beneficial for clients with osteoporosis.
No formal qualification required, this workshops is open to all Fitness Professionals and Pilates Instructors.
- 0.2 Continuing Education Credits (only relevant for STOTT PILATES – 0.6 required per year)
Sign up for notifications
Call us on 0844 417 2349 (Local rate) to book your workshop or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
™/ ® Trademark or registered trademark of Merrithew corporation, used under licence.