This interactive seminar will draw upon the most current medical information, exercise guidelines, and research available on pregnancy and movement. Appropriate STOTT PILATES® Matwork exercise adaptations will be explored, and programming concepts for teaching small groups and private clients will be discussed. Anatomical and physiological changes, risk factors and movement considerations will be discussed with an eye to providing a safe and effective workout throughout all trimesters and will provide strategies for building new pre-natal programmes as well as enhancing those already in progress.
This is a 2-hour workshop.
- The appropriateness of STOTT PILATES Matwork as well as possible contraindications during pregnancy.
- About physiological changes throughout all three trimesters.
- Specific exercise modifications on the Mat.
- How to apply the STOTT PILATES principles of stabilization to prenatal exercises.
- How to develop cues and corrections to help ensure safety and effectiveness.
- 0.2 Continuing Education Credits (only relevant for STOTT PILATES – 0.6 required per year)
No formal qualifications required, this workshop is open to all Fitness Professionals and Pilates Instructors.
Call us on 0844 417 2349 (Local rate) to book your workshop or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
™/ ® Trademark or registered trademark of Merrithew corporation, used under licence.