Many more women are surviving breast cancer today than ever before and they are encouraged to seek out fitness programmes to assist in recovery and provide the strength and endurance needed to resume an active lifestyle.
This workshop, developed by the Merrithew Health and Fitness™ team, discusses various types of treatments including surgeries and reconstruction and exercise requirements for each. The programme includes Mat-based exercises focusing on range of motion for the entire shoulder girdle, establishing mobility, restoring posture, ensuring proper biomechanics and developing core and peripheral strength to address muscular imbalances. Exercises incorporate hand-held Toning Balls™ and a small Foam Cushion to work on low-load strength and endurance.
This is a 2-hour workshop.
- To identify different types of breast cancer treatments and the side effects of each.
- To select STOTT PILATES® Matwork exercises that target specific muscle groups to begin rebalancing them.
- To identify specific contraindications and concerns for individual cases.
- To utilise specific modifications to increase effectiveness and safety for individual clients.
- 0.2 Continuing Education Credits (only relevant for STOTT PILATES – 0.6 required per year)
No formal qualification required, this workshop is open to all Fitness Professionals and Pilates Instructors.
Sign up for notificationsArray
Call us on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to book your workshop or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
™/ ® Trademark or registered trademark of Merrithew corporation, used under licence.