Learn how to adapt the STOTT PILATES® principles and exercises to a client with restricted mobility and who is better suited to working in a seated position. A variety of exercises will be discussed and demonstrated that work both the core and peripheral muscle groups while keeping the body upright. The Flex-Band® exerciser is also incorporated into many of the exercises, to provide resistance and add variety to this full-body program.
This is a two-hour workshop.
- Apply the STOTT PILATES® principles of stabilization to select seated exercises.
- Understand movement essence and exercise goals for a specialized population.
- Understand why STOTT PILATES® exercise is beneficial in cases of restricted mobility and how to modify for this clientele.
- Learn cues and corrections for safety and effectiveness.
- 0.2 Continuing Education Credits (only relevant for STOTT PILATES – 0.6 required per year).
No specific requirements. Open to all Fitness Professionals and Pilates Instructors.
Sign up for notifications
Call us on 0844 417 2349 (Local rate) to book your workshop or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
™/ ® Trademark or registered trademark of Merrithew corporation, used under licence.