Learn how to adapt the STOTT PILATES® principles and exercises to a client with restricted mobility and who is better suited to working in a seated position. A variety of exercises will be discussed and demonstrated that work both the core and peripheral muscle groups while keeping the body upright. The Flex-Band® exerciser is also incorporated into many of the exercises, to provide resistance and add variety to this full-body program.
This is a two-hour workshop.
- Apply the STOTT PILATES® principles of stabilization to select seated exercises.
- Understand movement essence and exercise goals for a specialized population.
- Understand why STOTT PILATES® exercise is beneficial in cases of restricted mobility and how to modify for this clientele.
- Learn cues and corrections for safety and effectiveness.
- 0.2 Continuing Education Credits (only relevant for STOTT PILATES – 0.6 required per year).
No specific requirements. Open to all Fitness Professionals and Pilates Instructors.
Call us on 020 3574 4794 to book your workshop or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
™/ ® Trademark or registered trademark of Merrithew corporation, used under licence.