This interactive workshop, developed by the Merrithew™ team, demonstrates how simple tools can expand the options available in any Matwork class. Learn select exercises from the STOTT PILATES Matwork repertoire and discover how the Arc Barrel, Fitness Circle® resistance ring and Flex-Band® exerciser can be used to create multiple variations and modifications. Learn how these props add challenge to the core and periphery and aid in developing programs for all ability levels. Learn useful tips on the application of these variations for specific body types, fitness levels and special needs as well as learn cues and corrections for safety and effectiveness.
This is a four-hour workshop.
What you will learn
- Apply the STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles to Matwork exercises using light equipment.
- Understand how to use these tools to add variety, challenge, support and resistance.
- Discover how to use small props to sculpt, strengthen and tone the entire body.
- Explore exercise variations and modifications for specific body types.
What you qualify with
- 0.4 Continuing Education Credits
What you will need
- Pilates Mat
- Flex-Band exerciser
- Arc Barrel
- Fitness Circle resistance ring
Who can attend this workshop
No specific requirements. This workshop is open to all fitness professionals and Pilates instructors.
Call us on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to book your workshop or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
™/ ® Trademark or registered trademark of Merrithew corporation, used under licence.