In this workshop, participants experience a fully integrated workout using the Twist Ball, an air-filled weighted workout ball. The same size and density as a larger Mini Stability Ball, the Twist Ball features a shifting center of sand and two soft foam handles. Once whole-body movement is mastered, participants can increase the variable load and challenge the connective tissue system through new creative exercises. Learn healthy load transfer strategies using drag, pick-up and toss style movements that reinforce whole-body motion, control, strength and coordination to manage acceleration and deceleration forces. Selected exercises in this workshop created by the team at Merrithew™ emphasize movement variables and fascial concepts.
This is a two-hour workshop.
What you will learn
- Explore full-body movements that incorporate current fascial concepts related to exercise
- Discover how the Twist Ball can be added to increase challenge to mastered movements
- Develop the stability and control to manage a shifting weight in traditional and non-traditional movements
- Discuss how fascial system concepts can be integrated in a variety of standing and Mat-based exercises
What you will need
- Pilates Mat
- Twist Ball (1:1)
What you qualify with
- 2.0 Continuing Education Credits
- 1.0 canfitpro
- 0.2 ACE
Who can attend this workshop
No specific requirements. This workshop is open to all fitness professionals and Pilates instructors.
Call us on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to book your workshop or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
™/ ® Trademark or registered trademark of Merrithew corporation, used under licence.