If restricted mobility does not permit a client to lie on the floor or other equipment, this workshop, developed by the Merrithew™ team, shows exercise variations in an upright, seated position. In addition to exploring movements incorporating the gentle resistance of the STOTT PILATES® Flex-Band® exerciser, participants work through a number of exercises performed in a supported standing position to help develop balance and coordination.
This is a two-hour workshop.
What you will learn
- Apply the STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles of stabilization to select seated exercises
- Lean supported movements in a standing position focusing on proper form
- Understand why STOTT PILATES is beneficial in cases of restricted mobility and how to modify for this clientele
- Learn cues and corrections for safety and effectiveness
What you will need
- Regular chairs (without arm rests if possible)
- Flex-Band Handles
What you qualify with
- 0.2 Continuing Education Credits
Who can attend this workshop
No specific requirements. This workshop is open to all fitness professionals and Pilates instructors.
Call us on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to book your workshop or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
™/ ® Trademark or registered trademark of Merrithew corporation, used under licence.