When working with older exercisers, programs need to be adjusted, sometimes dramatically, to accommodate those with limited mobility. Using light hand-held weights, this workout, developed by the Merrithew™ team, targets core strength and stability along with peripheral joint mobilisation all from a seated position.
Exercises are designed to re-connect mind and body, target and improve the functional capacity of the older participant through graded strength training, proprioceptive awareness and joint range of motion, as well as bring about a general sense of well-being.
Discover how to maximise functional health, balance, coordination and flexibility in a workout aimed at keeping the body moving.
This is a two-hour workshop.
What you will learn
- Apply the STOTT PILATES® Five Basic Principles of stabilisation to select seated exercises.
- Understand how movement essence and exercise goals are beneficial for a specialised population.
- Learn why the use of hand weights is appropriate for maintaining strength and muscle tone.
- Understand how to modify exercises for clients with restricted mobility.
What you qualify with
- 0.2 Continuing Education Credits (only relevant for STOTT PILATES – 0.6 required per year).
Who can attend this workshop
No specific requirements. This workshop is open to all fitness professionals and Pilates instructors.
Call us on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to book your workshop or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
™/ ® Trademark or registered trademark of Merrithew corporation, used under licence.