Explore the benefits of working on the Reformer for the older adult in this interactive workshop. The Reformer provides interchangeable spring tensions that work both the upper and lower body as well as the core. This workshop enhances core stability, increases lean muscle mass, range of motion and improves body awareness. Exercises modifications are applied for those with limited mobility or strength issues.
Level of difficulty
- 2 hours
This workshop is an important addition to your portfolio if you're interested in teaching individuals or group classes. You will be given the necessary skills to adapt and deliver your STOTT PILATES exercises for older adults, using the Reformer. Lessons will include:
- Apply the STOTT PILATES® Five Basic Principles of stabilisation to select Reformer exercises.
- Understand how movements may need to be modified for older adults.
- Discover why STOTT PILATES exercise is beneficial in cases of restricted mobility.
- Learn cues and corrections for safety and effectiveness.
- 0.2 Continuing Education Credits (only relevant for STOTT PILATES – 0.6 required per year)
Sign up for notificationsArray
Call us on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to book your workshop or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
™/ ® Trademark or registered trademark of Merrithew corporation, used under licence.