The introductory session may be the most important group Matwork class taught. This workshop, developed by the Merrithew™ team, provides the tools required to ensure this class is motivating, stimulating and will keep first-time clients coming back for more. Selected STOTT PILATES® Essential-level Matwork exercises are examined with an eye to maintaining pace and flow so participants ‘feel’ the workout, while still ensuring proper technique. The use of demonstration, imagery and concise cueing and correcting is discussed while focusing on group safety in the studio.
This is a two-hour workshop.
What you will learn
- Apply the Five Basic Principles of STOTT PILATES to select Matwork exercises
- Understand how to entice clients through the introductory session
- Learn cues and corrections for safety and effectiveness
- Learn exercise variations and modifications for specific body types and how to incorporate them into a group class
What you qualify with
- 0.2 Continuing Education Credits (only relevant for STOTT PILATES – 0.6 required per year).
- 2 REPs points
Who can attend this workshop
No specific requirements. This workshop is open to all fitness professionals and Pilates instructors.
Call us on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to book your workshop or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
™/ ® Trademark or registered trademark of Merrithew corporation, used under licence.